50728 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2010 8:30 AM by daultm
Im jumping this thread cause I don't see a thread addressing my issue. Iphone 3G with os4.
1. when I plug into charger, get dim Apple logo with ball (not turning)
2. Holding Power/Sleep button causes no change
3. Holding Sleep/Home button does not turn off logo.
3. No reaction in iTunes.
4. Tried restore (Home + Sleep) repeatedly, no change.
5. Switched Batt, LCD, MainBoard, Connector. No change. Next is Audio/Power strip.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Home + Sleep does not restore. It simply resets you need to put your iPhone in recovery mode (hopefully you backup your phone frequently):
1. Open iTunes.
2. Connect iPhone to Computer.
3. Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously.
4. As soon as the screen goes black release the Sleep/Wake button BUT continue holding the home button until you see a pop up a message in iTunes telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
5. Sync and restore.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if it does not so I can provide more help.