Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New charging case not charging?

I just replaced a 3rd generation charging case that I lost, and the case had to be set up with my old 3rd generation pods. The case is charging the pods, however, when I plug in the case to charge, the charging symbol blinks on and then off and stops charging. It's like it is refusing to charge. Is there more setup I need to complete?

Posted on Jun 13, 2022 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 2:38 AM

Hi there!

The amber light does not blink all the way while the case is charging so it's possible that the charging case is indeed charging.

One way to check is to remove both AirPods from the case and check the color of the status light. If it shows amber, it means it's not yet fully charged

Another way to check is through your iPhone.

Open your case lid with your AirPods inside and hold your case close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Wait a few seconds to see the charge status of your AirPods.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life - Apple Support

If you have confirmed the charging case is not charging at all, you can always reset the AirPods

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 2:38 AM in response to SamGuild

Hi there!

The amber light does not blink all the way while the case is charging so it's possible that the charging case is indeed charging.

One way to check is to remove both AirPods from the case and check the color of the status light. If it shows amber, it means it's not yet fully charged

Another way to check is through your iPhone.

Open your case lid with your AirPods inside and hold your case close to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Wait a few seconds to see the charge status of your AirPods.

Charge your AirPods and learn about battery life - Apple Support

If you have confirmed the charging case is not charging at all, you can always reset the AirPods

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

New charging case not charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.