You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help with the following error. The iPhone update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occured (0x80092010).

I am trying to restore my iPhone X through recovery mode but I am constantly receiving the above error message.

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 2:39 AM

8 replies

Jun 14, 2022 3:16 AM in response to samiphiri42

Hi there!

Based on the error message, it appears that the computer is having an issue with connecting to Apple's servers which means it can be a connectivity issue

1. Please make sure to connect to a strong, private, home Wi-Fi. Not connect to a hotspot. Connect to another Wi-Fi network if available

2. If you have VPN or security software installed in your computer, please disable or uninstall them first

3. If this a Windows computer, you can try turning off the Firewall and test

4. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes

Hope that helps!

Jun 14, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Kurorin

The problem is with the webserver certificate which hase been newly released yeasterday..it untrusted.. (fireefox says: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER - ESET block it instantly...

Certificate:

publisher Name: The original certificate provided by the server is untrusted

Valid from Mon, 13 Jun 2022 16:54:32 GMT

Valid to Thu, 13 Jul 2023 16:54:31 GMT

Please help with the following error. The iPhone update server could not be contacted. An unknown error occured (0x80092010).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.