Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The port on my iPad is not connecting with the cable.

The part on my iPod is not connecting with the charging cable what can I do, sometimes I have to just jiggle push it up the cable to activate the charge.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:26 AM

As described, assuming that you have an iPad Air (as indicated by the tags appended to your post), either your Lightning cable or the Lightning port on your iPad has been damaged.

Substitution of your cable is the simplest and cheapest way to identify a bad cable:

• Lightning to USB Cable (1m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MXLY2ZM/A

You might also consider visiting the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and cable(s). If repair or replacement is necessary, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 10:26 AM in response to Veron1914

As described, assuming that you have an iPad Air (as indicated by the tags appended to your post), either your Lightning cable or the Lightning port on your iPad has been damaged.

Substitution of your cable is the simplest and cheapest way to identify a bad cable:

• Lightning to USB Cable (1m)

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MXLY2ZM/A

You might also consider visiting the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and cable(s). If repair or replacement is necessary, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

The port on my iPad is not connecting with the cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.