Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Cuts Out Intermittently

I have 2 pairs of HomePod Minis. The first pair is connected to the Apple TV device in my bedroom and the other pair is connected to the device in my living room. I've noticed that the sound cuts in and out but only when I'm watching YouTube videos on either of the tvs. One or both speakers will stop playing the sound at various times then correct themselves. However, it never happens when I'm watching other streaming apps or listening to music.  I've tried restarting the speakers and also unpairing them but nothing has worked. Has anyone else had this problem?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 2:41 PM

If it’s only on YouTube you can try one or both of these things:

Delete the YouTube app and reinstall (it will install the latest version of the app)

Restart Apple TV

If you have an ATV 4K and the HomePods are set up as “Default Audio” this might be causing an issue and you can disable that and go back to the TV Speaker setting and just AirPlay to them instead

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 2:41 PM in response to sdavis3_63

If it’s only on YouTube you can try one or both of these things:

Delete the YouTube app and reinstall (it will install the latest version of the app)

Restart Apple TV

If you have an ATV 4K and the HomePods are set up as “Default Audio” this might be causing an issue and you can disable that and go back to the TV Speaker setting and just AirPlay to them instead

Sound Cuts Out Intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.