Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Administrator rights for iPad

I want to buy a number of iPads for a small (non-corporate) organisation. However, I want to be able to ensure I can unlock/erase/reuse devices as people leave the organisation and hand them back. Is it possible to set up a master/administrator access? In the past we have ended up with several iOads that were locked/linked to an Apple ID but we did not have the password and couldn’t unlock them. I don’t want to severely restrict the use of the devices, e.g. I want to allow them to use the App Store as if they were personal devices. Is there a convenient setting to do this or something similar? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 12:31 PM

You could try Apple Business Manager - Business - IT - Apple

4 replies

Jun 15, 2022 2:49 PM in response to tcu843

Even government and non-profit entities get a D-U-N-S number. My wife received one when she started her business and filed for a DBA (doing business as).

For smaller orgs, Apple Business Essentials is one of the best options out there. You may also want to check into Jamf Now or Mosyle.

For larger orgs, you may want to look into more powerful options such as Kandji, Jamf Pro, and Mosyle (This one straddles both the small and large orgs for the same price).

No matter what you use, you want to set up Apple Business Manager and a real MDM platform. This will allow you to remove activation locks and control how the devices are used. I have devices that range from being locked to a single network and app to devices that are essentially only managed so we can lock the devices if lost or stolen, or so we can remove activation lock if enabled.

Administrator rights for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.