You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music player on lock screen

I am getting the music app on my Lock Screen. When it first happened, it was not even installed. When I looked up help, it said you can turn it off in the app so I pulled it back from the cloud but can’t get it to go away, with Bluetooth on or off. Anyone have any suggestions? IPhone iOS 15.5 but this happened before this update.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 8:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 9:10 PM

Meshel02 Said:

"music player on lock screen: I am getting the music app on my Lock Screen. When it first happened, it was not even installed. When I looked up help, it said you can turn it off in the app so I pulled it back from the cloud but can’t get it to go away, with Bluetooth on or off. Anyone have any suggestions? IPhone iOS 15.5 but this happened before this update."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be, if an amiable option. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2022 9:10 PM in response to Meshel02

Meshel02 Said:

"music player on lock screen: I am getting the music app on my Lock Screen. When it first happened, it was not even installed. When I looked up help, it said you can turn it off in the app so I pulled it back from the cloud but can’t get it to go away, with Bluetooth on or off. Anyone have any suggestions? IPhone iOS 15.5 but this happened before this update."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be, if an amiable option. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2022 12:06 PM in response to Meshel02

Meshel02 Said:

"music player on lock screen: Do you know why that pops up when the app is not even installed?

———-

Caches being the Culprit:

Music is an app that is built into the iOS. So, it’s not going to be deletable by the user. But, sometimes apps mysteriously just disappear. If you want the Music app to not show up, then disable it in Screen Time. If this window will not close, however. then the Music app likely went missing, somehow. It’s all caches that have been misconfigured.

Resetting to Factory Settings:

So, is the Music app still here? If so, I’d say reset your iPhone to factory settings, backing up fist (if an available option). So, if this still resides, there perform as instructed here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

music player on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.