Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I receive texts from just one individual?

Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13.

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2022 10:15 PM

Growgrew Said:

"Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13."

-------

Troubleshooting Filtered-Out Calls:

A. Security Software Being the Culprit:

Have any filtering software installed(i.e. Security Software)? If so, remove he number form the filter list. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why. So, uninstall it, per instructions of the Developer.

B. Other Filtered Numbers:

If her number is assigned to a different contact, and that contact is filtered out, then her number would be included.

C. Contact your Carrier:

See if you carrier has any fixes, as it may be a misconfiguration in the SIM card --something only the Carrier provides services for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2022 10:15 PM in response to Growgrew

Growgrew Said:

"Why can’t I receive texts from one individual. I checked and her number is not blocked, I also confirmed all contact information both hers and mine. I can receive FaceTime and regular calls, but her texts do not come through. This is on my I phone 13."

-------

Troubleshooting Filtered-Out Calls:

A. Security Software Being the Culprit:

Have any filtering software installed(i.e. Security Software)? If so, remove he number form the filter list. Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why. So, uninstall it, per instructions of the Developer.

B. Other Filtered Numbers:

If her number is assigned to a different contact, and that contact is filtered out, then her number would be included.

C. Contact your Carrier:

See if you carrier has any fixes, as it may be a misconfiguration in the SIM card --something only the Carrier provides services for.

Why can’t I receive texts from just one individual?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.