Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back up data transfer

How do I transfer data from my old WD external hard drive which backed up my old iMac to my new apple mini Mac. I believe it is a 32 bit vs 64 bit compatibility issue.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 3:41 PM

Most all of your user data from native OS X App's like iTunes, iPhotos, will migrate into the new App's without any problems from the backup. see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

You will however need to update, reinstall or replace many if not all of your old third party non-OS X App's to work with the new macOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 3:41 PM in response to rlv81

Most all of your user data from native OS X App's like iTunes, iPhotos, will migrate into the new App's without any problems from the backup. see > Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

You will however need to update, reinstall or replace many if not all of your old third party non-OS X App's to work with the new macOS.

back up data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.