Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to upgrade my macbookair laptop

how to upgrade my macbook air it is an older version

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 1:59 PM

Start here: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

There's a link there to the current Monterey, if your Mac supports that.

Have a backup prior to the upgrade.

If you upgrade to 10.15 or later—if your MacBook Air supports that—you will want to ensure all of your apps are 64-bit. This includes printer and scanner drivers. Existing 32-bit apps will need to be updated, upgraded, retired, or replaced. Office 2011 and earlier, for instance, are 32-bit apps, and will not work with 10.15 and later. For a tool useful in finding these older 32-bit apps, the Go64 tool works.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 1:59 PM in response to 13GrandKids!

Start here: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

There's a link there to the current Monterey, if your Mac supports that.

Have a backup prior to the upgrade.

If you upgrade to 10.15 or later—if your MacBook Air supports that—you will want to ensure all of your apps are 64-bit. This includes printer and scanner drivers. Existing 32-bit apps will need to be updated, upgraded, retired, or replaced. Office 2011 and earlier, for instance, are 32-bit apps, and will not work with 10.15 and later. For a tool useful in finding these older 32-bit apps, the Go64 tool works.

Jun 15, 2022 8:34 PM in response to 13GrandKids!

13GrandKids! Said:

"I need to upgrade my macbookair laptop: how to upgrade my macbook air it is an older version"

-------

Updating the macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

I need to upgrade my macbookair laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.