Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

permissions problem

i have recently started getting an error message every time I try to open a download in Safari telling me I don't have permission to open the file. But if I go out to the Finder and double click the file in the Downloads folder, it opens right away, no problem. Or if I just switch over to Preview or Numbers or any other app, I can open it through there. Not a debilitating problem, but rather annoying. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm on a 2017 iMac running Big Sur 11.6.6, Safari version 15.5

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 2:29 AM

sighing over tech support wrote:

i have recently started getting an error message every time I try to open a download in Safari telling me I don't have permission to open the file. But if I go out to the Finder and double click the file in the Downloads folder, it opens right away, no problem. Or if I just switch over to Preview or Numbers or any other app, I can open it through there. Not a debilitating problem, but rather annoying. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Q - " I'm on a 2017 iMac running Big Sur 11.6.6, Safari version 15.5 "

A - There was a recent update to Big Sur, think it was last week. The current version is now 11.6.7 and may be related to this permission issue

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 2:29 AM in response to sighing over tech support

sighing over tech support wrote:

Q - " I'm on a 2017 iMac running Big Sur 11.6.6, Safari version 15.5 "

A - There was a recent update to Big Sur, think it was last week. The current version is now 11.6.7 and may be related to this permission issue

permissions problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.