Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve an old pass code for iPhone. It is asking for passcode to back up phone but no pass codes work

How to retrieve an “old passcode” for iPhone. Need it to back up phone to cloud but no code I can think of will work. I don’t wanna loose anything I have saved

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2022 5:13 PM

If you can't remember the passcode, the only option is to erase the phone.

See the Apple Support article(s) below for IOS 15.2 or later..

Passcode - How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode (IOS 15.2 or later).  *

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode - Apple Support.  -

See the Apple Support article(s) below for earlier than IOS 15.2 . 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.    *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2022 5:13 PM in response to sahara289

If you can't remember the passcode, the only option is to erase the phone.

See the Apple Support article(s) below for IOS 15.2 or later..

Passcode - How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode (IOS 15.2 or later).  *

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode - Apple Support.  -

See the Apple Support article(s) below for earlier than IOS 15.2 . 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone or your device is disabled.    *

How can I retrieve an old pass code for iPhone. It is asking for passcode to back up phone but no pass codes work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.