Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple TV manage your subscriptions to services like HBOmax, netflix, Disney, ESPN, and Discovery ?

Does Apple TV manage your subscriptions to services like HBOmax, netflix, Disney, ESPN, and Discovery ?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 7:11 AM

That depends on what you mean by "manage".

You can access your subscriptions on an Apple TV, watch content from them and you can view and cancel them on the Apple TV if they are paid through your Apple ID, if that is what you mean.

Link-> Manage subscriptions on Apple TV - Apple Support

It won't have any way of cancelling subscriptions you obtained directly from the providers website or on an App on a non-Apple device however, but you can still access them though their apps and watch content form them on an Apple TV.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 7:11 AM in response to dlbart1971

That depends on what you mean by "manage".

You can access your subscriptions on an Apple TV, watch content from them and you can view and cancel them on the Apple TV if they are paid through your Apple ID, if that is what you mean.

Link-> Manage subscriptions on Apple TV - Apple Support

It won't have any way of cancelling subscriptions you obtained directly from the providers website or on an App on a non-Apple device however, but you can still access them though their apps and watch content form them on an Apple TV.

Jun 16, 2022 8:58 AM in response to dlbart1971

In that case, no. If you have subscriptions to their stand alone apps, then you must use their stand alone apps to access their content.

If you subscribed to a channel for one of those services inside the Apple TV App, then you can view the content for that channel inside the Apple TV app, but unless otherwise noted by the content providers you cannot use the channel subscription on their stand alone app.

Jun 16, 2022 8:46 AM in response to Phil0124

What I meant by manage was this: I have subscriptions to the services I listed. I want to be able to click on the content in those services and be able to view them on my Mac mini, using the AppleTV app. Right now if I search a show like Titans that is available on HBOmax, the only option I have is to purchase the episodes from AppleTV. I would like to be able to search for a show on AppleTV and be able to play it if I have a subscription to the service that it is on. Is AppleTV able to so this or do I have to download apps for each service to my computer in order to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.