Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a NeatDesk Scanner on the latest Mac OS X?

I found a NeatDesk Scanner for $5 at a thrift store.

I know that this is an old device and support has ended for it, but I was wondering if there was some 3rd party software that would get this up and running?

I know Vuescan is very popular for old scanners, but I do not see the Neat scanner in its supported database.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 9:58 AM

I bought one of those right before they stopped supporting them. It never worked properly, and I could not find any other software to support. If you are in serious need of a good scanner, this isn't the one. I soon switched to SnapScan by Fujitsu, which has worked tremendously well with my 2019 Mac. Simple software, very forgiving hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2022 9:58 AM in response to BluRose

I bought one of those right before they stopped supporting them. It never worked properly, and I could not find any other software to support. If you are in serious need of a good scanner, this isn't the one. I soon switched to SnapScan by Fujitsu, which has worked tremendously well with my 2019 Mac. Simple software, very forgiving hardware.

How to use a NeatDesk Scanner on the latest Mac OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.