Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp Android to ios transfer backup

Hello everyone,

i saw whatsapp that is finally starting to roll out the feature to transfer your android whatsapp chats to a new iPhone. If I understood correctly, the iPhone has to be factory reset for this to work. My problem now is, that I have been using my old android phone just for whatsapp, and the iPhone for everything else. If I now factory reset my iPhone and use the move to ios app to restore the whatsapp messages, will I be able to save those messages to my iCloud, reset my phone again and then restore the whole iPhone from iCloud while setting it up a second time? Or will all the old backups be overwritten after moving just my chats to the iPhone and backing them up to icloud?

i‘m asking because i don‘t know of a way to restore my iPhone from the android phone just for the whatsapp messages and at the same time restore all the data saved to the iCloud in the timespan I have had this iPhone.

thank you in advance!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 7:36 PM

That's a question for WhatsApp support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Whatsapp Android to ios transfer backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.