You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

are my beats fake

my beats solo 3 icon at the volume in the control centre keeps changing from normal beats icon to a speaker with a bluetooth icon. can anyone help i'm confused

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 9:05 PM

Hi, if you bought the headphones from Apple Store, then they're definitely real. If not, you can check the serial number of the product by checking applications to identify the exact information of your speakers. To do this you may see: Find your Beats serial number - Apple Support.

You can check the devices you've connected in Bluetooth since headphones(I only know about AirPods Pro) are connected by Bluetooth mainly(speakers such as HomePod & HomePod mini uses wifi&bluetooth). When you play music with the device for some time(a long time), sometimes the icons do change to Bluetooth connecting headphones. But don't be too worried about it if your headphones still work as usual, and your phone or mac can connect to it.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 9:05 PM in response to whereisblak

Hi, if you bought the headphones from Apple Store, then they're definitely real. If not, you can check the serial number of the product by checking applications to identify the exact information of your speakers. To do this you may see: Find your Beats serial number - Apple Support.

You can check the devices you've connected in Bluetooth since headphones(I only know about AirPods Pro) are connected by Bluetooth mainly(speakers such as HomePod & HomePod mini uses wifi&bluetooth). When you play music with the device for some time(a long time), sometimes the icons do change to Bluetooth connecting headphones. But don't be too worried about it if your headphones still work as usual, and your phone or mac can connect to it.

Jun 16, 2022 10:50 PM in response to whereisblak

whereisblak Said:

"are my beats fake: my beats solo 3 icon at the volume in the control centre keeps changing from normal beats icon to a speaker with a bluetooth icon. can anyone help I'm confused"

-------

Troubleshooting Genuine Beats:

Contact Beats:

Contact the manufacturer, and request assistance with finding a solution. Ask them for some tip on troubleshooting this, and ask if you can get a swapout. They make the product. So, they'd know an upfront answer. Provide them with the Serial Number when contacting them.

Go Here: Product Help - BEATS SUPPORT - Beats

Jun 17, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Ocillus

Got them from a friend and he said he bought it new from best buy, I had to check order numbers on the box it directed me to a purchase on Best Buy. I already checked apple support they are showing it’s original I even had to verify purchase to get my warranty. Even the beats app on android shows its original and it works properly battery, range, sound. Only that the icon keeps changing anything I turn off my iPhone, my friend said it’s a glitch and AirPods gets that also. I don’t trust him that’s why I’m asking

are my beats fake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.