Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore (new) iphone from backup without photos

There's some ancient questions about this but I'm asking again to see if this has been updated.

i have a 256GB iphone 8 - most of this is photos. It's backed up.

I have a new 64GB iphone 11 which I want all the settings and apps same as the iphone 8 - but I can't do a straight restore since the sizes are different.

is there a way to choose what to restore from the old phone (i.e. don't restore photos)? Seems like this should be a feature?!

M

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 9:14 AM

mattjamie wrote:

There's some ancient questions about this but I'm asking again to see if this has been updated.

I have a new 64GB iphone 11 which I want all the settings and apps same as the iphone 8 - but I can't do a straight restore since the sizes are different.

is there a way to choose what to restore from the old phone (i.e. don't restore photos)? Seems like this should be a feature?!

M

Answer is still the same as before - no, backups is all or nothing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 9:14 AM in response to mattjamie

mattjamie wrote:

M

Answer is still the same as before - no, backups is all or nothing.

restore (new) iphone from backup without photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.