Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option to search in iTunes

Why can't I search for music in the iTunes Store on my Mac? There is a search bar on the music app but it only lets me search my library not the store. I do not have this problem with my iPhone.

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:46 AM

After you click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window. See the following from Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. In the menu bar, choose Music > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab, select iTunes Store, then click Ok.

4. Click the search field, then enter the song or album that you want to buy.
  5. Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner.

If the choices at the top right of the main window aren't visible after clicking in the search box, check the View menu to see if Hide Playing Next or Hide Lyrics is an option.

Another thing to check for is a tiny < near the top left of the main window.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 11:46 AM in response to Bateman327

After you click in the search box at the top of the left sidebar, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window. See the following from Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. In the menu bar, choose Music > Preferences.
  3. Go to the General tab, select iTunes Store, then click Ok.

4. Click the search field, then enter the song or album that you want to buy.
  5. Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner.

If the choices at the top right of the main window aren't visible after clicking in the search box, check the View menu to see if Hide Playing Next or Hide Lyrics is an option.

Another thing to check for is a tiny < near the top left of the main window.

Jul 11, 2022 12:20 PM in response to FoxFifth

This really doesn't work.

I have automatic updates, I've checked for updates.

I'm using OS Montereery v 12.4

My itunes/MUSIC app/program doesn't have an "ABOUT" or version number anywhere I can find and I don't get that screen when I load the program and follow steps given.

Same issue, I can't SEARCH Apple music, it ONLY gives me option for searching my library.

No option to search in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.