Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you password protect Find My?

how do you keep your child from unfinding in find my app

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 2:03 PM

Go to Settings/Screen Time and add a passcode if there isn’t one already; then in Screen Time:

• Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn it on
  • Set Location Services to Don’t Allow Changes
  • After making sure cellular data is ON, set Cellular Data Changes to Don’t Allow

This still won’t prevent them from putting the phone into Airplane Mode or putting it into a Faraday bag; for that you need more traditional parenting approaches, such as suggesting taking the phone away and replacing it with a dumb flip phone, or other consequences if they can’t be located with Find My.

I’m assuming that they are already in your Family Sharing group and you have implemented parental controls→Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 2:03 PM in response to rwalker3

Go to Settings/Screen Time and add a passcode if there isn’t one already; then in Screen Time:

• Content & Privacy Restrictions and turn it on
  • Set Location Services to Don’t Allow Changes
  • After making sure cellular data is ON, set Cellular Data Changes to Don’t Allow

This still won’t prevent them from putting the phone into Airplane Mode or putting it into a Faraday bag; for that you need more traditional parenting approaches, such as suggesting taking the phone away and replacing it with a dumb flip phone, or other consequences if they can’t be located with Find My.

I’m assuming that they are already in your Family Sharing group and you have implemented parental controls→Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How do you password protect Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.