Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was dumb and installed Microsoft bing wallpaper app.

I was Dumb today and thought wow cool pictures and free with the Microsoft bing wallpaper app, but the dang app hijacked my browser search engine what the heck MS. Someone help how do i remove the dumb MS Bing app please.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 7:40 PM

This stuff, and downloaded specifically from Microsoft (and not from elsewhere)?

https://bingwallpaper.microsoft.com/mac/en/bing/bing-wallpaper/?brand=bing&var=1

You should be able to reset your default search engine in Safari, and with no other issues.

Otherwise… drag the Bing Wallpaper app from Applications and into the trash.

Otherwise… Roll in your backups from prior to the install. (Backups are one of the very few ways to mark data as having value.)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 7:40 PM in response to KI7PBG

This stuff, and downloaded specifically from Microsoft (and not from elsewhere)?

https://bingwallpaper.microsoft.com/mac/en/bing/bing-wallpaper/?brand=bing&var=1

You should be able to reset your default search engine in Safari, and with no other issues.

Otherwise… drag the Bing Wallpaper app from Applications and into the trash.

Otherwise… Roll in your backups from prior to the install. (Backups are one of the very few ways to mark data as having value.)

Jun 17, 2022 8:10 PM in response to KI7PBG

KI7PBG wrote:

yes official app i will try this thanks much :)

BTW: There’s a checkbox at that website that defaults to redirecting the search engine.

If you like the backgrounds, un-check that checkbox, re-download the package, and re-install.

But… You’ll probably still have to reset the various browsers’ search engine default for the present download.

I was dumb and installed Microsoft bing wallpaper app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.