Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compresses/reduced quality photos

When transferring edited photos from my professional camera on MacBook to my new iPhone 13pro, the size and quality is drastically reduced, how do I get the full quality photos on my iPhone from my macbook without compression?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 1:18 AM

When you sync back from mac to phone, the assumption is it is only for on screen viewing - so lower quality is provided.

You can sync full quality images using iCloud (but then you need a plan big enough for your whole library).

Other ways would be via air drop of selected images, or transfer into the files app, rather than the photos app. However I've not checked either of these.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 1:18 AM in response to Garethabroad

When you sync back from mac to phone, the assumption is it is only for on screen viewing - so lower quality is provided.

You can sync full quality images using iCloud (but then you need a plan big enough for your whole library).

Other ways would be via air drop of selected images, or transfer into the files app, rather than the photos app. However I've not checked either of these.

Compresses/reduced quality photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.