Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why has Apple limited the number of air tags+devices one can have on an account

I simply do not want to understand it and I would like Apple to change this NOW.

"Maximum Items Added -- To add this AirTag, open Find My and remove one of more AirTags or AirPods currently paired to your Apple ID".

ONE -- why was the fact of a limit made clear to me before I bought my last batch of AirTags?

TWO -- in WHOSE INTEREST, apple, is it for you to limit the number of devices I own and wish to tag

• I currently have 12 but bought 4 more and cannot delete ANYTHING ELSE to add any of the 4 new air tags I just received.
  • MacRumours said "AirTag Ownership Limits - Each Apple ID can be associated with up to 16 AirTags, so you can keep track of 16 items at one time."
  • Well that is not correct if you also have Mac, MacBooks, iPads,IPhones, AirPods etc "tracked" under FindMy - 16 applies to ALL DEVICES.

YES to allow me to add any of the 4 new air tags I have to remove the AirPods first and then other valuable items from FindMy first - Which is nuts. Surely Apple 16 is an artificially low number and should you not be very pleased that fools like me buy so many of your products that we want to be able to track them too.

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 1:58 AM

then let them know

Feedback - AirTag - Apple

1 reply

Why has Apple limited the number of air tags+devices one can have on an account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.