Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I haves a used iPad Air. It is a older oneI would like to restore it to factory settings but it says on the screen that it is disabled.

I haves a used iPad Air. It is a older oneI would like to restore it to factory settings but it says on the screen that it is disabled. How can I do this? Fred

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:22 AM

If the used iPad Air was not properly prepared for you a new user, you likely won't be able to perform what is required in order to use it. You MUST know the Apple ID and Apple ID Password which was used to set up the iPad. Do you know that?

If you do, this link will walk you through the steps you need to follow --> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

If however, you don't know the Apple ID and Apple ID Password, it's a lost cause and you will not be able to reset the device. Apple will not help you, nor can we.

You'd need to get assistance from whoever you purchased it from. If you don't know them or can't reach the, the iPad will be ready for the recycle bin as it will be useless.

Read this as well --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 9:22 AM in response to erniejoe1

If the used iPad Air was not properly prepared for you a new user, you likely won't be able to perform what is required in order to use it. You MUST know the Apple ID and Apple ID Password which was used to set up the iPad. Do you know that?

If you do, this link will walk you through the steps you need to follow --> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

If however, you don't know the Apple ID and Apple ID Password, it's a lost cause and you will not be able to reset the device. Apple will not help you, nor can we.

You'd need to get assistance from whoever you purchased it from. If you don't know them or can't reach the, the iPad will be ready for the recycle bin as it will be useless.

Read this as well --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

I haves a used iPad Air. It is a older oneI would like to restore it to factory settings but it says on the screen that it is disabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.