Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get this off my ipad homescreen

I played some audio/video one time; I followed a link and don’t know what app it was in. Now it keeps popping up on my ipad notifications homescreen. I don’t see any way to remove this. Help! 😩😩

iPad Pro, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 9:20 AM

You likely have the Music (or other player App) open. You can see - and fully close Apps - using the iPadOS Task Switcher.

To expose the Task Switcher:

• All iPad models: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then pause in the center of the screen.
  • On an iPad with a Home button: Double-click the Home button.

When active, the Task Switcher will show a thumbnail for each open App - many of which will be idle/sleeping - the most recently accessed being to the right of the screen. You can swipe right or left to scroll through your open Apps. To close an App, swipe the corresponding thumbnail off the top of the screen.

If you have difficulty identifying the single App that appears on your lock screen, just systemically close them all, one by one. No data will be lost.

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 9:20 AM in response to mjlee

You likely have the Music (or other player App) open. You can see - and fully close Apps - using the iPadOS Task Switcher.

To expose the Task Switcher:

• All iPad models: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, then pause in the center of the screen.
  • On an iPad with a Home button: Double-click the Home button.

When active, the Task Switcher will show a thumbnail for each open App - many of which will be idle/sleeping - the most recently accessed being to the right of the screen. You can swipe right or left to scroll through your open Apps. To close an App, swipe the corresponding thumbnail off the top of the screen.

If you have difficulty identifying the single App that appears on your lock screen, just systemically close them all, one by one. No data will be lost.

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Jun 20, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Raicya

Thanks for the reply, but there was no way to turn off AirPlay from the icon. (I also tried googling and couldn’t find any successful instructions for turning off airplay.) I disabled automatic Airplay connections in my ipad settings, but that didn’t help either. I don’t think this is an Airplay problem. I think this persistence problem has something to do with YouTube, even though I played the YouTube video in the ipad Safari browser, not in the YouTube app.

How do i get this off my ipad homescreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.