Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the email that by default is associated with my Apple Pay

I recently made a purchase using Apple Pay and was surprised that I got a notification that an email would be sent to a particular email address. I do not want this email associated with Apple Pay. It isn't my Apple ID - which I would be ok with having as an associated email with Apple Pay, and I can't find a way to change this. I saw a previous thread where someone said they'd solved the same issue in

System Preferences -> Wallet & Apple Pay -> Details/Transactions

This did not work for me. Nothing in this part of System Preferences showed any kind of default email. This is a minor issue, but I feel like I should be able to dictate what email address I'd like to have notifications of Apple Pay transactions sent to ... and I'd appreciate if someone could help me with this question.

Thanks,

K

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 12:07 PM

kbtundratoy, did you notice a setting named "Contact and Shipping” when going to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay? That’s where you should find the email address you’d like to replace with your Apple ID. If not, please contact Apple Support for further help: Get Support

All the best.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 19, 2022 10:59 AM in response to kbtundratoy

Greetings, kbtundratoy.

Are you able to add or edit an email address when using the following steps?

"Mac with Touch ID: In System Preferences, click Wallet & Apple Pay > a card > the Billing Address menu." Change or remove the payment cards that you use with Apple Pay

If not, please use another device to try and update your contact info.

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Jun 19, 2022 11:57 AM in response to JessS19

Thanks for the reply JessS19. I can change the billing address, but nothing in doing that indicates anything about an email associated with the card or Apple Pay. My question has to do with finding where that particular email is listed by default and changing it or deleting it altogether. I don't want a lot of spam email to start populating that account simply because I've made an online purchase. I have a separate email account set up for just that reason, and would like to list it (if an email is necessary at all) with Apple Pay.

Thanks!

Changing the email that by default is associated with my Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.