Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iphone

When I was getting my new phone I turned off find my iPhone in a store but then did not end up getting my new phone until 3 weeks after that. I already reset my old one and now realize that I was supposed to turn that off I don’t know if it was turned off or not when I reset it. How can I be sure that’s off so I can mail it in?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 3:23 PM

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 3:23 PM in response to Comment51

Find My iPhone / "Find My" can be turned off only if...

1. You have shared your Apple ID & password with someone
  2. You have removed the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device. If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.