Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have tried to reset my notes password several times however it wont allow me to

i have tried to reset my notes password several times however it wont allow me to

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:59 PM

There is no way to change the password to an existing note, as the password is not saved anywhere. The password is used as the data decryption key, meaning the only way the data can be decrypted and accessed is with the password. You’re going to have to keep guessing, if you don’t remember the password, and if the hint was not specified or its reminder proved inadequate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 9:59 PM in response to hannahmcmurray

There is no way to change the password to an existing note, as the password is not saved anywhere. The password is used as the data decryption key, meaning the only way the data can be decrypted and accessed is with the password. You’re going to have to keep guessing, if you don’t remember the password, and if the hint was not specified or its reminder proved inadequate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.