Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Onedrive update fails to open on new Macbook Pro M1pro

Hi the OneDrive app update version 22.111.0613 I downloaded a few days ago to a Macbook Pro with M1 pro chip does not open anymore, I did a restart, nothing changes it does not respond. Furthermore the files sync with sharepoint in the cloud plus they are now located somewhere in the Library folder not where they were before, but can only find with spotlight under Onedrive- shared libraries, also new why ?

Onedrive is the most frustrating IT experience ever for our company, so many problems when we started using it with office 365 about 3 years ago or so. Dropbox works like a charm, googledrive dies as well as iCloud but no not MS Onedrive! Look forward to any advice and solutions, thanks!

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:02 AM

I abandoned OneDrive for reasons similar to yours... just a royal PITA. On our one old Windows box, we use iCloud for Windows. Works much better for us as we have to keep Windows for one super expensive app not written for Mac. And yes it works in a VM but since we already had the Dell ......

Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive. That may be all that's needed.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 5:02 AM in response to nlesh

I abandoned OneDrive for reasons similar to yours... just a royal PITA. On our one old Windows box, we use iCloud for Windows. Works much better for us as we have to keep Windows for one super expensive app not written for Mac. And yes it works in a VM but since we already had the Dell ......

Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive. That may be all that's needed.

Onedrive update fails to open on new Macbook Pro M1pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.