Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Office 2021 for home and student on MacBookAir with Monterey

6.19.2I Upgraded my MacBook to Monterey. I removed all older Office software before installing Office 2021 for Mac. I click on a word document and a screen that says "Microsoft respects your privacy" pops up. It can't be closed other than to Force Quit Word. How can this be resolved?

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:46 PM

JRB2U Said:

"Installing Office 2021 for home and student on MacBookAir with Monterey: 6.19.2I Upgraded my MacBook to Monterey. I removed all older Office software before installing Office 2021 for Mac. I click on a word document and a screen that says 'Microsoft respects your privacy" pops up. It can't be closed other than to Force Quit Word. How can this be resolved?'"

-------

Successfully Installing Office:

1. Reinstall Microsoft Office:

If you cannot reinstall this, request a new security code from Microsoft.

2. Perform the uninstallation:

For instructions, go here: Uninstall Office for Mac - Microsoft Support

Next...

3. Perform this Install Once More...

If you cannot install this, then request a new key from Microsoft.

How to Contact Microsoft

Chat with Microsoft: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support. They are the developers of the software. Just dragging to into the trash will leave temporary files laying about your Mac. So, ask the Microsoft Rep how to install.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 5:46 PM in response to JRB2U

JRB2U Said:

"Installing Office 2021 for home and student on MacBookAir with Monterey: 6.19.2I Upgraded my MacBook to Monterey. I removed all older Office software before installing Office 2021 for Mac. I click on a word document and a screen that says 'Microsoft respects your privacy" pops up. It can't be closed other than to Force Quit Word. How can this be resolved?'"

-------

Successfully Installing Office:

1. Reinstall Microsoft Office:

If you cannot reinstall this, request a new security code from Microsoft.

2. Perform the uninstallation:

For instructions, go here: Uninstall Office for Mac - Microsoft Support

Next...

3. Perform this Install Once More...

If you cannot install this, then request a new key from Microsoft.

How to Contact Microsoft

Chat with Microsoft: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support. They are the developers of the software. Just dragging to into the trash will leave temporary files laying about your Mac. So, ask the Microsoft Rep how to install.

Jun 19, 2022 5:12 PM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for replying to me. I trashed anything related to my old Office package before I installed Monterey. Monterey took forever to install because I was several systems behind. Seems to me Monterey also mentioned removing Office well into the installation process. I would have followed what was suggested. Once installed, I saw no trace of Office products. Then I purchased Office 2021 from eksoftware who sent a link to uninstall any old Office product, Microsoft_Office_License_Removal_2.7.pkg. And then a link to install the purchased Office 2021 product,Microsoft_Office_16.62.22061100_BusinessPro_Installer.pkg. When done, clicking on Word, a screen pops up about Microsoft privacy settings. Word opens up behind it. No further clicking on either one does anthing. Only Force Quit - Word makes both close. I'll include a screenshot of what I see.

Jun 21, 2022 9:42 AM in response to JRB2U

Today I contacted eksoftware where I purchased Office 2021 at 888-565-9142. I connected immediately with a technical support person. He took control of my screen and completed the uninstall and reinstall remotely. I realize that when I initially cleared my old Office into the trash, a big mistake I believe was not emptying the trash before I installed Monterey. This technician was highly skilled and got Office 2021 running perfectly. A friend will purchase the one-time install from the same source tomorrow. She has a new Mac with Monterey already installed but we'll carefully run through ek's suggested steps and links for Office 2021. Knowing the superb support available gives me great confidence to get it right this time.

Jun 21, 2022 2:36 PM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for responding to me. You are so right about trashed. I put everything Microsoft in my trash but did not empty it. Major mistake. I called the vendor, eksoftware, about the software I purchased and connected with highly skilled tech support. By controlling my computer remotely, Office 2021 was uninstalled and then reinstalled. No problem with the Product key or anything else. Fantastic! I tried connecting with Microsoft prior to this with much frustration. A friend will purchase the same Office 2021 tomorrow from eksoftware with no anxiety especially knowing human help is readily available.

Installing Office 2021 for home and student on MacBookAir with Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.