Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot setup a HomePod mini on my iPhone 13. Not compatible with my network

I am getting network incompatibility messages when trying to setup a HomePod

mini on my iPhone

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 7:41 AM

HomePod is designed to connect to secure Wi-Fi running WPA2. iOS 15.4 has added the ability to connect to some kinds of captive network. See Use your HomePod on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. What is the exact error message you get when you try to set up your HomePod?

See Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support and also Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support - note that the private Wi-Fi address feature should be disabled on your own network where you want your devices to be able to communicate with each outer. Disable any features in your router for client/guest/wireless isolation/security that blocks peer to peer traffic. If your router supports multiple networks for personal and guest use don't give your own devices the guest credentials.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 7:41 AM in response to rwa8902

HomePod is designed to connect to secure Wi-Fi running WPA2. iOS 15.4 has added the ability to connect to some kinds of captive network. See Use your HomePod on an 802.1X Wi-Fi network - Apple Support. What is the exact error message you get when you try to set up your HomePod?

See Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support and also Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support - note that the private Wi-Fi address feature should be disabled on your own network where you want your devices to be able to communicate with each outer. Disable any features in your router for client/guest/wireless isolation/security that blocks peer to peer traffic. If your router supports multiple networks for personal and guest use don't give your own devices the guest credentials.

tt2

I cannot setup a HomePod mini on my iPhone 13. Not compatible with my network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.