Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to find the last known location of an iphone several days after it was lost?

My daughter lost her iphone. It shows in findmy app as location not found. Is there any way to see the last known location? It's been a few days now.

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 6:11 PM

Khanivore Said:

"Is there any way to find the last known location of an iphone several days after it was lost?"

-------

Do so the old fashioned way...

Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 6:11 PM in response to Khanivore

Khanivore Said:

"Is there any way to find the last known location of an iphone several days after it was lost?"

-------

Do so the old fashioned way...

Troubleshooting a Lost iPhone

Find My can only be enabled directly on the iPhone. It cannot be enabled elsewhere. So, is it enabled on the iPhone?

So, what to Try:

• Dial it: See if it is heard ringing

• Ask Local Authorities: See if it has be hanged over.

• Text It: Ask whomever has come across it, to contact you.

• Ask Someone: See if someone you know (i.e. Friend, or Family Member) if that came across it.

• Backtrack your Locations: If you are at a coffee shop, or a library, stop by and see if it was safely placed aside.

Jun 20, 2022 3:58 AM in response to Khanivore

Khanivore Said:

"Is there any way to find the last known location of an iphone several days after it was lost?: All done. Seems that apple don’t retain last location data beyond 24 hours, based on research via Google. Shame :(

———-

Provide Apple Feedback:

This whole 24 hour thing is the way Apple designed it. It’s something you would have agreed to upon purchase and use. Ashamed of the design? Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in the future.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on how you think things should be different, and why. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Is there any way to find the last known location of an iphone several days after it was lost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.