Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag Does Not Work in northwestern ontario Canada

I bought two air tags for both of my pets. we live in northwestern Ontario, Canada, and frequently enjoy the outdoors on a lake with several camps in the vicinity, away from cities.

once in a while our pets like to explore, when using the air tags to find and track them, we constantly get an air tag not reachable error, even though there are several apple devices in the area for the Bluetooth signal to ping off of.

do you think there is something wrong with both of my tags? I bought them for this purpose and will be returning them as they have proven to not be useful for the one application I purchased them for....

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 11:16 PM

their only means of communication is bluetooth so about a range of maybe 30 meters, so if you or somebody else with an ios device with bluetooth enabled so they can piggybag on that devices connection to the internet, are not within range it would not work.

think that is why they never advertised them as a means of track pets

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 11:16 PM in response to Bbishy

their only means of communication is bluetooth so about a range of maybe 30 meters, so if you or somebody else with an ios device with bluetooth enabled so they can piggybag on that devices connection to the internet, are not within range it would not work.

think that is why they never advertised them as a means of track pets

AirTag Does Not Work in northwestern ontario Canada

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.