Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic shut down

Why does my MacBook automatically shut down?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 9:15 PM

meganesam Said:

"Automatic shut down: Why does my MacBook automatically shut down?"

-------

Troubleshooting Automatic-Closing Notes:

Start with Safe Mode:

Log in to Safe Mode, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Single-Out this User:

Try creating an Administrator User. Log into it, seeing if you still get his error. If so, then you need to get this serviced. If so, then is is an error with the current user, such as a misconfiguration.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 9:15 PM in response to meganesam

meganesam Said:

"Automatic shut down: Why does my MacBook automatically shut down?"

-------

Troubleshooting Automatic-Closing Notes:

Start with Safe Mode:

Log in to Safe Mode, seeing if you still ge this error. Then, shutdown after 30 seconds. Next, boot up normally, logging in as the same user. Any difference? For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Single-Out this User:

Try creating an Administrator User. Log into it, seeing if you still get his error. If so, then you need to get this serviced. If so, then is is an error with the current user, such as a misconfiguration.

Automatic shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.