Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting my AirTag

When I try to reset my AirTag it doesn’t make a sound. How long should I need to hold it down to get the sound?

Apple Watch Series 3, 7

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:46 AM

After removing the battery cover the battery will pop up slightly disconnecting it from one of the battery contacts. When you press it back down again it should make a small chirrup immediately. Release the battery and press it down again to make it chirrup again. Repeat the process five times in a row and the device should reset and be in pairing mode. You can now replace the cover and set it up. If it doesn't make a sound at all then perhaps the battery needs to be replaced. The battery is a standard CR2032 often used in watches and computers.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 4:46 AM in response to Samack1

After removing the battery cover the battery will pop up slightly disconnecting it from one of the battery contacts. When you press it back down again it should make a small chirrup immediately. Release the battery and press it down again to make it chirrup again. Repeat the process five times in a row and the device should reset and be in pairing mode. You can now replace the cover and set it up. If it doesn't make a sound at all then perhaps the battery needs to be replaced. The battery is a standard CR2032 often used in watches and computers.

tt2

Resetting my AirTag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.