Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email virus hit my iMac today! Plz help.

Hi,

I saw an email in Chinese and thought it was something for my Taiwan wife, but it was a scam email. I only opened it and didn't sign or click on anything else.

I began to instantly get a small box on my Safari web browser center that states: Do you want to allow downloads on “ads.pubmatic.com”?You can change which websites can download files in Websites Preferences.

I quickly deleted the Chinese email and tried to get rid of it, but still its here. Then I went home and now its on my home computer. It asks that question then it starts a download automatically each time.

How can I stop something I have never heard about or even cant find info on the web. I do see Youtube videos, but they look like scams to download more to scan your computer. Please help,

What do I do to get rid of this. I already turned off I cloud but its still there.

Thanks,

Scott Waring

Im using Mac OS Monterey

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)

System Version: macOS 12.3.1 (21E258)

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 4:41 AM

5 replies

Email virus hit my iMac today! Plz help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.