Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Podcast seems not to be listed

Hi, I've created a podcast with Podcast Connect. The first two episodes are online and I shared the link on social media etc.

A friend f mine who wanted to listen to the podcast, told me that he can't find it anywhere and that if I uploaded it with Apple Connect it should have been automatically listed and recognized by some podcatchers. That was the reason why I've chosen Apple Podcasts Connect.

But a few weeks after the release of the first episode my friend told me that he couldn't find my podcast anywhere.

I checked it and he's right. I can't find my podcast in the Podcasts application on my Macs. I checked the podcast application on my iPhone and there it is and works great.

So my question is: How do I get my podcast listed on iTunes / Apple Podcasts so that you can listen to it on all devices, not only on iPhones?

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 6:45 AM

Certainly searching on the title in Apple Podcasts (Mac, Catalina) prodices no result: and the 'Listen on Apple Podcasts' link on the web preview page you linked to does nothing. Howewver I notice that next to that link it says 'Requires macOS 11.4 or higher' (which it doesn't say on my podcast, where the link does work).

This raises the question, is this a 'premium' podcast that people have to pay for? This is what people who construct their podcast directly in Podcasts Connect are often specifying. If so that would presumably prevent my accessing it (though I would have thought it would be offered with a requirement to pay indicated).

Either way, this is an internal matter with Podcasts Connect and so not something I can investigate. You will need to take this up with Podcasts Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

As to podcatchers, this is going to depend on how they work. Many sites require you to submit the feed URL, but if these are sites which trawl podcast creation sites in the way that weblog 'aggregators' do then I'm not sure how they would work in this situation.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 6:45 AM in response to Berlinmusic

Certainly searching on the title in Apple Podcasts (Mac, Catalina) prodices no result: and the 'Listen on Apple Podcasts' link on the web preview page you linked to does nothing. Howewver I notice that next to that link it says 'Requires macOS 11.4 or higher' (which it doesn't say on my podcast, where the link does work).

This raises the question, is this a 'premium' podcast that people have to pay for? This is what people who construct their podcast directly in Podcasts Connect are often specifying. If so that would presumably prevent my accessing it (though I would have thought it would be offered with a requirement to pay indicated).

Either way, this is an internal matter with Podcasts Connect and so not something I can investigate. You will need to take this up with Podcasts Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

As to podcatchers, this is going to depend on how they work. Many sites require you to submit the feed URL, but if these are sites which trawl podcast creation sites in the way that weblog 'aggregators' do then I'm not sure how they would work in this situation.

Jun 20, 2022 6:14 AM in response to Berlinmusic

I need more information. What is the name of your Podcast? What is the URL of your Apple Podcasts page? Did you create a feed elsewhere and submit it to Podcasts Connect or did you create the podcast directly within Podcasts Connect? What is the feed URL (if there is one)? Can you give an example or two of the 'podcatchers' you want to catch your podcast?

My Podcast seems not to be listed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.