Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing links to contact sends to international version?

This has been happening for a few weeks now.

When i send a link, for example, from an app to my boyfriend through messages (normally imessages), my phone instead sends the link to his number but with a +34. We are both living in the UK and have UK numbers so there is no logical explanation to this.

The same thing has also happened when I received a text from an unknown number, but I checked with my relatives and it was the number of my Grandad, whose contact I still had. However it was the correct format for a UK number of +44, just my phone seemed not have connected the dots that this number was already in my contacts. This had also happened with the number of my Nana when she calls me. Instead it said “Maybe: Nana” even though it is the exact same number.

I am more concerned about the international number than the last two because it means these links are not sending and i’m not sure if i’ll be incorrectly charged for international texts.

How do i solve this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 3:55 PM

Please re-check the list of contacts that you have on your email account.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 3:55 PM in response to charla99

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Jun 20, 2022 3:55 PM in response to charla99

Sharing links to contact sends to international version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.