Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop remote unauthorized access to my iphone?

How do I stop unwanted remote control of my phone?

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 11:56 AM

If you think your Apple ID is compromised, use these steps to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. ... 
  2. Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account.

More items...

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 11:56 AM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

If you think your Apple ID is compromised, use these steps to gain control of it and review your account information:

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page. ... 
  2. Change your Apple ID password and choose a strong password.
  3. Review all the personal and security information in your account.

More items...

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

Jun 20, 2022 12:52 PM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

It is not possible to remote control your iPhone unless it was physically hacked by someone who had possession of it for a half hour or more while it was unlocked.

If this did happen restore it to factory settings and set it up as a new phone→Restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support. Do not restore a backup.

Jun 20, 2022 12:56 PM in response to StopRemoteControlofIphone

StopRemoteControlofIphone wrote:

1) I have seen them take control of my iphone 12 and attempt to switch apps.
2) I have seen them type on my keyboard, mostly to interrupt my typing.
3) Last night they typed “Me CCP” followed by giberrish.

If this only happens when connected to a charging cable, that indicates a faulty cable.

If it happens whether or not it’s plugged in, that’s symptomatic of a failing touch screen. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar and get it fixed.

Jun 20, 2022 1:18 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

What? You are saying my screen digitizer failed, and that failure involves typing out actual words ? In some of the cases I switched apps to see if it had something to do with a single app or was happening consistently. At first, it was only within a certain app. But then after switching apps there was no issue typing. Switching back, it was still there typing. Then I witnessed them close that app and open another. I saw them repeatedly try to type in passcodes to things which failed. If the screen digitizer is an advanced AI with autonomy, then I might need to reconsider. Otherwise it appears to be a human with remote access. Access I never granted.

How do I stop remote unauthorized access to my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.