Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my icloud password and security questions... cant reset the password because it send the reset email to the icloud email... how can i reset my Ipad?

Any solutions?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:28 AM

The rescue mail address and its password and Apple ID is exactly the same in your case ( it should be always different ) , you don't know the three security question , when you contact apple support the questions can be obtained from them , but they need correct answers for respective questions .

To reset Apple ID password .

Go to iforgot.apple.com enter only Apple ID and click on continue .

If you have checked the box ( b ) of answer security questions , in that scenario the password can also be reset using the month / day / year of your birthday ( click on the drop down arrows of month , day and year and fill up credentials ) .

An option will be shown ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Verify your birthday to continue , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle rotates

A window appears answer your security questions , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle will rotate .

It will prompt.

Enter a new password ….

Verify password …..

Your password must be at least 8 characters , include a number , an uppers case letter , & a lower case letter .

So fill up the credentials it will show ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Click on continue and save .

The rescue mail address is always added in the Apple ID account , sign in with Apple ID account , if it's not yet added create a web mail account say with gmail service .

Make sure this mail address and password should be totally different than your Apple ID address / password see the section of rescue mail address in this article About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support in the same iPad open a new tab ( press command and T keys ) sign in with your gmail account here in the web mail account you will see this code , come to the old tab in which apple id account is already opened , fill up the code in the fields and click on done to save .

( a ) if you lose answers for Apple ID provide credit card details that was added in the account .

( b ) if you have lost Apple ID password provide invoice copy of iPad to apple support advisors .

( c ) Contact apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support , they will send a link on mail account , click on link after 24 hours to reset apple id password , however the link is valid for additional 3 hours .

( d ) Support pin is used by apple support advisors to verify the account when you know apple id password Generate a temporary Support PIN - Apple Support

Note : from your end the simple step is convert the secondary authentication into 2FA Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 9:28 AM in response to DanGostian

The rescue mail address and its password and Apple ID is exactly the same in your case ( it should be always different ) , you don't know the three security question , when you contact apple support the questions can be obtained from them , but they need correct answers for respective questions .

To reset Apple ID password .

Go to iforgot.apple.com enter only Apple ID and click on continue .

If you have checked the box ( b ) of answer security questions , in that scenario the password can also be reset using the month / day / year of your birthday ( click on the drop down arrows of month , day and year and fill up credentials ) .

An option will be shown ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Verify your birthday to continue , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle rotates

A window appears answer your security questions , fill up the credentials and click on continue , a small circle will rotate .

It will prompt.

Enter a new password ….

Verify password …..

Your password must be at least 8 characters , include a number , an uppers case letter , & a lower case letter .

So fill up the credentials it will show ( a ) back ( b ) continue .

Click on continue and save .

The rescue mail address is always added in the Apple ID account , sign in with Apple ID account , if it's not yet added create a web mail account say with gmail service .

Make sure this mail address and password should be totally different than your Apple ID address / password see the section of rescue mail address in this article About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support in the same iPad open a new tab ( press command and T keys ) sign in with your gmail account here in the web mail account you will see this code , come to the old tab in which apple id account is already opened , fill up the code in the fields and click on done to save .

( a ) if you lose answers for Apple ID provide credit card details that was added in the account .

( b ) if you have lost Apple ID password provide invoice copy of iPad to apple support advisors .

( c ) Contact apple support Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support , they will send a link on mail account , click on link after 24 hours to reset apple id password , however the link is valid for additional 3 hours .

( d ) Support pin is used by apple support advisors to verify the account when you know apple id password Generate a temporary Support PIN - Apple Support

Note : from your end the simple step is convert the secondary authentication into 2FA Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

I forgot my icloud password and security questions... cant reset the password because it send the reset email to the icloud email... how can i reset my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.