Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 M1 Pro MacBook Screen randomly going black

Reopen 2021 M1 Pro MacBook Screen randomly going… - Apple Community

I have a new M1 Pro 16" model MacBook and this just started happening today. When I am using the computer the display will suddenly go dark. Closing and opening the lid of the computer turns the screen back on momentarily, but the screen will go black again within seconds. This occurs both on battery (fully charged) as well as plugged in.

Some things I have noticed:
It looks like the backlight is still on when this happens, open applications that are black will be slightly darker than the rest of the screen.
When I use an external display, the problem does not happen to it, but it still affects the primary MacBook display
When the screen is open and on, but not being used, it does not seem to go black until I start performing activities on that screen.

Things I've tried so far:
Disk repair
Force restart
Fresh OS install

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I am opening this again. I have already contacted the support one month ago. I was advised to reset my MacBook in the end but I cannot see that this will help.

I see 17 other have this questionm too. @JFarrell how did you solve the problem in the end?

Kind regards

Kai

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 3:56 AM

Hi,

You'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there before one year limited warranty is expired.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

2 replies

2021 M1 Pro MacBook Screen randomly going black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.