Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device identification problem

Hello, tell me please!

When logging into my Google account, I need to confirm that I am logging in from my phone, but I have a question why on Google mail my phone “IPhone 11 PRO max” identifies as “CPU iPhone OS 15_5 like Mac OS X” and also the location is the city of Kyiv , and I am in the city of Odessa.

This happens every time. Thank you, I'll be grateful if I get an answer.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 4:26 AM

Hi!

A similar question has already been answered. Indeed, many websites do not distinguish between iPhone and Mac devices, because they have identical software. As far as I know, Safari on iOS and macOS uses the same web engine. In addition, websites cannot determine the exact model of your device, but they can determine the version of iOS, so your device is displayed as "iPhone OS 15_5 "

As for the location of the city, it is most likely due to the fact that for some reason your Internet provider allocates you an ip address from another region, this is normal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 4:26 AM in response to Kris_777

Hi!

A similar question has already been answered. Indeed, many websites do not distinguish between iPhone and Mac devices, because they have identical software. As far as I know, Safari on iOS and macOS uses the same web engine. In addition, websites cannot determine the exact model of your device, but they can determine the version of iOS, so your device is displayed as "iPhone OS 15_5 "

As for the location of the city, it is most likely due to the fact that for some reason your Internet provider allocates you an ip address from another region, this is normal.

Device identification problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.