Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won’t connect to internet after trying to install HP printer

Why is my MacBook Air suddenly not connecting to the internet and requiring a wpa2 password? My provider is saying my router doesn’t even support WPA2.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:06 AM

Depending on the printer, it may have been necessary for you to connect to that printer using a peer-to-peer (ad hoc) network created by that printer for the sole purpose of configuring it. If that's the case you may need to reconnect to the wireless network you had been using prior to configuring the printer. To do that start with Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support. Be sure you are connecting to the correct network and are using the correct password.

My provider is saying my router doesn’t even support WPA2.

That's really odd because all recent routers support WPA2. I suspect whoever you spoke to did not understand the problem. Try simply restarting the router — unplug its power cord, wait a moment or two, plug it back in again and wait for it to restart.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:06 AM in response to umpiowl06

Depending on the printer, it may have been necessary for you to connect to that printer using a peer-to-peer (ad hoc) network created by that printer for the sole purpose of configuring it. If that's the case you may need to reconnect to the wireless network you had been using prior to configuring the printer. To do that start with Connect to the internet with your Mac - Apple Support. Be sure you are connecting to the correct network and are using the correct password.

My provider is saying my router doesn’t even support WPA2.

That's really odd because all recent routers support WPA2. I suspect whoever you spoke to did not understand the problem. Try simply restarting the router — unplug its power cord, wait a moment or two, plug it back in again and wait for it to restart.

MacBook won’t connect to internet after trying to install HP printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.