Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages>emails

Why are my text messages being received as email? This doesn’t happen every time, it happens intermittently and mostly to my daughter’s iPhone?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:24 AM

Check that Settings > Messages > Send & Receive has the phone number checked under 'Start New Conversations From'

Then you may need to start a new message thread and clear out previous message threads.

But still, if your daughter sends a message to your Apple ID rather than your phone number and you reply to that message, I think it would still show up as your email address.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Hennila

Check that Settings > Messages > Send & Receive has the phone number checked under 'Start New Conversations From'

Then you may need to start a new message thread and clear out previous message threads.

But still, if your daughter sends a message to your Apple ID rather than your phone number and you reply to that message, I think it would still show up as your email address.

Text messages>emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.