Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get the photo app on my mac. the old iphoto is now out of date with my software. It does not show up n the application update

how do I get the photo app on my mac. the old iphoto is now out of date with my software. It does not show up n the application update

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:04 AM

To open your iPhoto Library in Photos, hold down the options key ⎇ while launching Photos. This will bring up a dialog to select a library. Select the iPhoto Library and then wait, while Photos is creating a new library from the iPhoto Library.

4 replies

Jul 13, 2022 12:47 PM in response to BobMiller1955

I had Photos create a new library from my iPhoto Library, however..... now it appears that there are 2 separate iPhoto libraries - it seems to have duplicated my old iPhoto Library and then converted it into an iPhoto library for Photos. Am I able to delete the old iPhoto library? Or will that also delete all of my old iPhoto library from Photos as well?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.