Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 - Receiving Cellular Calls

How do I get calls on my series 7 Apple watch when I don't have my iPhone with me?

When I go running I leave my phone at home, but whenever someone calls, it goes through to my iPhone and nothing is received on my watch.

Then when I get home I get the missed call notifications and/or messages.

Are there additional settings I need to activate? Or do I need to use the separate telephone number that is assigned to my watch?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:46 AM

Assuming your Apple Watch is the GPS + Cellular version (not just the GPS), and it's paired to your iPhone - there are a few things to try.

First, make sure that Do Not Disturb and/or Airplane Mode is off, and call notifications are on.

Try closing all apps and Force Restarting your iPhone, then restarting your Apple Watch.

If that doesn't work, you may need to unpair and erase your Apple Watch, then re-pair it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:46 AM in response to TeeWord

Assuming your Apple Watch is the GPS + Cellular version (not just the GPS), and it's paired to your iPhone - there are a few things to try.

First, make sure that Do Not Disturb and/or Airplane Mode is off, and call notifications are on.

Try closing all apps and Force Restarting your iPhone, then restarting your Apple Watch.

If that doesn't work, you may need to unpair and erase your Apple Watch, then re-pair it.

Apple Watch Series 7 - Receiving Cellular Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.