Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good day. How can i import a .csv file to my contacts?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:13 AM

First, ensure the file is formatted correctly-

• Remove any line breaks within a contact’s information.
  • Make sure all addresses have the same number of fields. Add empty fields as needed.
  • Make sure fields are separated by a tab (in a tab-delimited file) or a comma (in a CSV file), instead of another character. Don’t include spaces before or after the tabs or commas.

Then-

1. In the Contacts app on your Mac, choose File > Import, select the file, change the encoding if necessary, then click Open.
  2. If you’re importing a text file, review the field labels.
    • If the first card contains headers, make sure the headers are correctly labeled or marked “Do not import.” Any changes you make to this card are made to all cards in the file. To not import the headers card, select “Ignore first card.”
    • To change a label, click the arrows next to the label and choose a new label. If you don’t want to import a field, choose “Do not import.”

Import contacts into Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:13 AM in response to alta157

First, ensure the file is formatted correctly-

• Remove any line breaks within a contact’s information.
  • Make sure all addresses have the same number of fields. Add empty fields as needed.
  • Make sure fields are separated by a tab (in a tab-delimited file) or a comma (in a CSV file), instead of another character. Don’t include spaces before or after the tabs or commas.

Then-

1. In the Contacts app on your Mac, choose File > Import, select the file, change the encoding if necessary, then click Open.
  2. If you’re importing a text file, review the field labels.
    • If the first card contains headers, make sure the headers are correctly labeled or marked “Do not import.” Any changes you make to this card are made to all cards in the file. To not import the headers card, select “Ignore first card.”
    • To change a label, click the arrows next to the label and choose a new label. If you don’t want to import a field, choose “Do not import.”

Import contacts into Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.