Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup copy

my iphone 12 pro was stolen last friday. I have an old iphone X in use, but can't find my backup.... I am sure I had a backup as I always update it automatically when connected to the wifi. Does anyone know the best thing to do to find the backup?

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:29 AM

If it was an automatic backup it will be in iCloud. You can see it from any iOS device or Mac by going to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage/Backups, or on a Mac in System Preferences, Apple ID, Manage, Backups.

To restore a backup see→Restore your iOS device from a backup - Apple Support, but note that the iPhone X must have an iOS version the same or later than the version that was backed up, and the iPhone X must have the same or more storage than the device that was backed up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 8:29 AM in response to gijs1998

If it was an automatic backup it will be in iCloud. You can see it from any iOS device or Mac by going to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage/Backups, or on a Mac in System Preferences, Apple ID, Manage, Backups.

To restore a backup see→Restore your iOS device from a backup - Apple Support, but note that the iPhone X must have an iOS version the same or later than the version that was backed up, and the iPhone X must have the same or more storage than the device that was backed up.

Jun 21, 2022 8:28 AM in response to gijs1998

gijs1998 wrote:

my iphone 12 pro was stolen last friday. I have an old iphone X in use, but can't find my backup.... I am sure I had a backup as I always update it automatically when connected to the wifi. Does anyone know the best thing to do to find the backup?

That would indicate you didn't back up you device, you would need to be doing this How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Updating and backing up are two different things.

backup copy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.