Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide or Turnoff dock

The ipad was purchased for my 3yr old and she has no need for the multi-tasking blah blah blah that the dock is supposed to support. Just an added path for her to get into things she doesn't need to. I am able to hide all the apps from displaying on the dock, but it still sits blankly at the bottom of the home screen. And since I enable the large app icons for my daughter, the dock is EVEN BIGGER. Even windows allows you to hide the taskbar to clean up the screen.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 2:02 AM

The dock that you see at the bottom of all Home Screens is a core/integral element of the User Interface - that cannot be suppressed or hidden from view. Similarly, the three-dot button that controls multitasking aspects of iPadOS cannot be disabled or hidden.

For your daughter, your best form of control is to install only those Apps that are relevant - and employ native ScreenTime and Parental Control features of iPadOS.

Information about ScreenTime and Parental controls can be found here:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 2:02 AM in response to Comocazy

The dock that you see at the bottom of all Home Screens is a core/integral element of the User Interface - that cannot be suppressed or hidden from view. Similarly, the three-dot button that controls multitasking aspects of iPadOS cannot be disabled or hidden.

For your daughter, your best form of control is to install only those Apps that are relevant - and employ native ScreenTime and Parental Control features of iPadOS.

Information about ScreenTime and Parental controls can be found here:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Hide or Turnoff dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.