Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book screen saver

Screen saver not working, and cannot locate control menu to fix

MacBook, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 7:29 AM

Hi, you can check your screensaver's settings by going to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver, and check the picker of "show screen saver after ______ minutes". Use a screen saver on your Mac - Apple Support

Moreover, on MacBook, there is a separate section called "Battery", and I assume there are two sections there, one for how long the screen stays awake on battery and one for how long the screen stays awake on power(sorry I am using a Mac right now, I can't point out where exactly in Battery it is located). If the screen staying awake time is shorter than the show screen saver after some time, the screen saver will not show and just jumps into sleep mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 7:29 AM in response to RobJ8481

Hi, you can check your screensaver's settings by going to System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Screen Saver, and check the picker of "show screen saver after ______ minutes". Use a screen saver on your Mac - Apple Support

Moreover, on MacBook, there is a separate section called "Battery", and I assume there are two sections there, one for how long the screen stays awake on battery and one for how long the screen stays awake on power(sorry I am using a Mac right now, I can't point out where exactly in Battery it is located). If the screen staying awake time is shorter than the show screen saver after some time, the screen saver will not show and just jumps into sleep mode.

Mac book screen saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.