Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rebuild Monterey Contacts database?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 8:52 AM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2022 11:36 AM in response to J.W.Thomas

I don't believe there is any way to do that for an ON MY MAC account. It won't import the metadata backing store files.

If you export all your contacts as a vCard, you could then re-import them after deleting the ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/AddressBook-v22.abcddb and associated -shm, -wal files.

If you have groups to recover, select all from each group and export as vCard. Name each for the group. When you re-import each vCard, create a new Group, then use the Last Import to select all and drag into the newly created group as you import each group vCard one-at-a-time.

And, you cannot use Contacts Archive. It suffers the same problem in that it cannot actually restore the XML backing store files. I have no idea why they haven't fix this problem.

For an online account, like iCloud, disable it in Contacts Preferences > Accounts, then re-enable it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.